pokersharks.co.uk Forum Index
<  Hints and Tips  ~  Have you ever played with R11 Irons?
fairy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 am  Reply with quote
Brown Poker Shark
Brown Poker Shark

The loft of the R11 is controlled by Flight Control Technology, which is built into the hosel. With FCT, you can increase or decrease loft by one full degree, so you really have three drivers in one (9.5, 10.5 and 11.5 degrees). TaylorMade R11 Irons I used the wrench (it's included) to add one degree of loft because I wanted to see what it would be like to hit an 11.5 degree driver. And the results were what I expected. My trajectory instantly increased well beyond the recommended 45 degrees so I dropped the loft down to 9.5 degrees, which provided the optimal trajectory for me. Now, it's time to adjust the second dimension - face angle.r11 Irons No matter how hard I try to "work" the ball off the tee, I tend to hit my best drives when I just aim straight so I was pretty excited to see how closing and opening the face angle would affect my drives. As mentioned previously, the face angle is controlled by the Adjustable Sole Plate and it provides two degrees of variation in either direction.

I used the wrench again to adjust the face angle and I tried both settings, "Open" and "Closed".r11 taylormade If I could pick any shot to play off the tee, I would play a slight draw so I settled on the "Closed" setting.The third and final dimension of distance is flight path, and it's controlled by the Movable Weight Technology (anyone else notice how TaylorMade brands everything?). MWT consists of two weights, a 1-gram weight and a 10-gram weight, that tunes the center of gravity. With the 1-gram weight in the heel and the 10-gram weight in the toe, the center of gravity moves toward the toe and promotes a neutral ball flight. r11 taylor made If you switch the weights around, you'll see a right to left ball flight. To be honest, I switched the weights around a couple of times and didn't notice much difference in my ball flight so I left the setting on neutral.