pokersharks.co.uk Forum Index
<  PokerSharks General Discussion  ~  Are the shafts and grips original taylormade on the RBZ iron
narcissus
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:31 am  Reply with quote
Premier Poker Shark
Premier Poker Shark

The taylormade rocketballz irons perform as advertised. If you are looking for a set of irons to produce a high ball flight and extreme distance, this set is for you. Although advertised as a game improvement iron, the RBZ irons could interest a lower handicap player simply because they are so easy to hit. They are a slightly longer length and offer stronger lofts than competitors (6-iron lofts are +2.5 degrees stronger than most). Coupled with all the new technology TaylorMade invested in these clubs, it is easy to see how the RBZ is one of the longest sets of irons on the market.The RBZ irons progressive head shape offers hollow long irons, cavity back middle irons, while the short irons and wedges are a smaller and more compact clubhead design. In fact, the short irons hardly appear game improvement-like at all. The entire set is visually appealing and easy to hit. From address, the topline looks a little heavy, but you really hardly notice it.TaylorMade RocketBallZ RBZ Fairway Woods The color combination is unique which features a dull steel finish with black cavity and neon green accents. I’ve heard grumblings about the color combination, however I like the neon green, and besides, the green is not visible at address and has no visual affect on playability.

TaylorMade’s club designers came up with the idea of incorporating metal-wood construction into hollow heads for the 3-, 4- and 5-irons in the Rocketballz set.taylormade r11s These particular club heads are made of 455 carpenter steel, and their overall design lowers the center of gravity, which promotes better ball-striking and maximum energy transfer at impact. Lowering the center of gravity of the long irons also typically promotes a higher ball flight, so these clubs feature lofts that are stronger than normal to deliver more distance. According to the company, the fast-flexing faces of these irons are intended to behave like the face of a driver. Personally, I wouldn’t mind having a little spring-like effect and hitting my 4-iron like I hit my driver (my favorite club)! Wishful thinking, I know.Titleist AP1 712 Irons The head of each club in the set is individually engineered to provide the best combination of launch angle, trajectory, ball speed, and spin rate for that club. Head shapes and sizes are progressive as you move through the set – the hollow heads of the long irons are large to help you find the sweet spot and build your confidence, the mid-irons have deeply undercut, cavity-back heads, and the short irons and wedges are compact and precise. TaylorMade also paid attention to ensuring the set provides appropriate distance gaps between each club.