PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:53 am  Reply with quote
Premier Poker Shark
Premier Poker Shark

any idea where i came this week guys? its frozen in the top 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:13 am  Reply with quote
WISE MODERATOR
WISE MODERATOR

Hiya BBQ,

The wpps was not even available on my computer. The only tourny showing is the blue, and that won't allow me to press it. I have completely cleared my system built a new web browser adapter, cleared all cache's defrag etc, etc, Its another bug mate. Wadda ya know?

The Iceman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 am  Reply with quote
I WON THIS THING ONCE
I WON THIS THING ONCE

Foghorn was 3rd
Acer 2nd
Janelle 1st.

......hope that hekps
foghorn
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Black Poker Shark
Black Poker Shark

Wow!
I had the same problem, mine just said better than that in top 10 then froze with question marks.

Thankyou for informing me of my position.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 pm  Reply with quote
Brown Poker Shark
Brown Poker Shark

Mine's keeps blinking even after I watched it...but I hear that will eventually go away.

http://butterflysis.smugmug.com

Barbeque
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:45 am  Reply with quote
Premier Poker Shark
Premier Poker Shark

well still not got any chips for my finishes in the WPSS. Worse than that though its still frozen on the wpss and wont let me complete viewing it which now means i havnt been able to join other tournaments for 4 weeks!!! and now i cant even re-enter the WPSS this week...

Q

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:10 am  Reply with quote
WISE MODERATOR
WISE MODERATOR

Include me with that. Ive just managed to play the blue tourny, and the wpps has never been available to me yet. The buttons been there but none active. Also payouts for four aces in poker den job are the same as any other 4 of a kind. And while I'm at it food research has not had an upgrade button available, despite having plenty of money to buy.

I don't want to be a boat rocker, by any meens. But this season sould be restarted as the losses incurred by most people I would guess now makes this game pretty much void. I don't doubt for a minute we would still see the same top five positions occupied by the same sharp shooters as always.

After saying that. Not having the ability to upgrade for what has been for me three weeks, with one thing and another. Makes this seem a bit unfair if not pointless. I find myself in the top ten. But those below me are just making up the numbers as far as I am concerned.

One other thing worth pointing out, in the way of a bug, is the luck card.
It is supposed to be played before being able to use the pokerden and its added bonuses. At the moment, if you are fortunate enough to have an ace or whatever. It will hold its place for two days, before being lost.

Also the pokerden, which I have not used, I have to say. Has not been withought its problems I am very sorry to say. Given the time and effort that Lynx has put into this project. However. As the winning or losing of the same pokerchips used for upgrades in the general pokersharks game have been won or lost by fault. This also must have a very unfair bias, one way or another. Plus the fact that, if you are a poker ace, or card Sharp!!! You don't have to be a sharp shooter in the daily game to have advantage over others in the chips department.

I repeat, No boat rocking intended, no bad mouthing either, or malice intended. This is not my opinion, its pure observation. More to the point. Its very unfair.

Lynx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:02 am  Reply with quote
CREATOR
CREATOR

The WPSS and tournaments are being looked at, some updates we have loaded on have had a knock on affect causing more problems than we solved. The next update will be loaded on soon which should fix everything.

As for a season reset i dont think we're anywhere near that. Poker Sharks hasn't had a bug free season since its begginning and everyone is affected in some shape or form. I realise the new poker room has brought a whole load of new problems but we're on top of those now - once i can get the server stable the poker room will be bug free which is an amazing feat (im pleased anyway).

Admittedly, due to the time spent on the poker room the main game has been neglected and things have arisen due to this - these are now top priority so will be fixed in the next week or so.

Im hoping that the various bugs that exist will even themselves out and any big problems i go in and manually adjust things so no need for a reset - or is there?

I've been away for 2 weeks so i know these bugs have been around for longer than they should, but im back now so they are being fixed and WILL be fixed in the coming days.

Lynx

Blizzo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:06 am  Reply with quote
MODERATOR BLIZZO

How many others are experiencing the same bugs that Borin is? The tournaments have been bugged for a good long while, but besides 1 day for Iceman's food complaint, I havn't heard of any bugs in that department. The poker room has been buggy for a lil while, but it still says beta and everyone knows they are playing at their own risk, and trying to report the bugs they find. The Aces for Job and Moonlighting worked fine for me all season, and I can snag aces pretty regularly in moonlighting, (I'm almost 8000 into overtime). Once again I am not doubting you Borin, just wondering who else is experiencing these same bugs, and also wondering if possibly your account in particular could be bugged.

I think we need more bug reporting and I would like everyone to speak up, so that we can find them and squash them. Besides tournaments and the poker room, however, I havn't discovered any.

As for the luck card, you have always been able to hold onto it for 2 days. The first day it is bright, and the second day it is greyed out, meaning that if you don't change it by the end, it will revert back to a 6. This does mean that you can get 2 days worth of challenges out of an Ace, as long as you challenge after you get it, then wait for day to change over and challenge again. Just need to change it right before the next day starts.

Bliz
borin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:14 am  Reply with quote
WISE MODERATOR
WISE MODERATOR

Of course everyone is experiencing the same bugs as me. Havn't you read the posts. The bugs I refer to are nothing new. even lynx is endorsing that Blizzo. The only sensible thing you are saying here in your post is.Wanting to see everyone reporting bugs so they can be squashed.

I still maintain my stance. and as regards payouts. Both in the poker room, which god knows how much adrift those figures are. And payouts for 4 of a kind in the moonlighting and jobs area, they have not always been correct. Twice in the pokerden now, I have had the basic payout for 4 of a kind. When in fact I had aces. Four of a kind outside the den. I find Impossible to hit.

As I pointed out in an earlier post.I have cleared my browser cache, changed browser to firefox, defragged , cleaned disc ets. It is not that. The problem as Lynx already agrees, is the many bugs I, and plenty of others have reported. My point is that it is now, not an even playing field financially!! Loosely speaking. I refer here to chips/points. It can't be rectified as its gone on too long. I therefore think the only fair thing to do would be to abandon present state of play, and restart the season.

You Blizzo, are being very silly with your response, and not helpful at all.
You haven't heard of any bugs in that department. Where the heck have you been then. Because evryone else has. If its you being loyal to Lynx? I'm sure its very much appreciated. But you are not helping matters at all. This is not intended to be a slurr, or an insult in any way. But you are just being very annoying with such a silly remark as that. Its common knowledge to everyone who is sufficiently clued up as to the participating in this game, that it has been disasterous this season from the start. As yet, we have not had a trouble free clear run.

I am an avid poker player. Have you seen me in the poker room?

When you have read this Blizzo. Scan through the posts on this board at the many reported bugs. These bugs have all caused an unfair bias, in the form of pokerchips and income. Its now escalated to such a point as to make the participating in the game as it is . Farcical.

The Iceman
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:20 pm  Reply with quote
I WON THIS THING ONCE
I WON THIS THING ONCE

As far as the poker room is concerned, bugs have been common, but we´ve tended to get round them by exiting and rejoining...
...the only real loss was a few minutes and some chips....and to be fair it was Blizzo that suggested the thread to log it all and these have come back....

...12 midnight (UK Time) seems to be a common get kicked out time Lynx, does anything happen server wise at this time?

when the room gets fuller, ie 5 people onwards, sometimes starnger things happen such as if you win, the next hand it sits you out....if you sit out for a few hands, it sometimes affects the person to the left or right of you by sitting them out on the next hand....

...in fairness its not such an issue now, to me anyway.

Come on guys, we are all in this together to try and report buggies and no doubt the man up top is as frustrated as anyone in getting them fixed.....

Season 4 may be just one big learning curve in that big poker table in the sky, we all get frustrated at certain aspects at certain times, but hey where would life be without one of your forum threads Borin......chuck one up for me mate....im getting real bored of getting beaten everyday....i need a laugh.....PLEASE Very Happy
Blizzo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
MODERATOR BLIZZO

I'm not trying to be unhelpful Borin, besides Ice's thread on food, I havn't seen any other complaints. I even ask for other complaints in that thread, and don't get any.

Besides your complaints about Aces, I havn't seen anyone else complain about that either.

I'm not arguing that there aren't bugs, but it does seem that at least those 2 bugs havn't been experienced by anyone else. I am all for a season reset, (seeing as Nakd and I have a side wager he is currently winning), but I really don't think that one is needed. Besides tournaments being jacked up, and a few bugs in the poker room (nothing that has caused any serious chip gain/loss that hasn't been refunded/taken away) everything else has worked pretty similarly to previous seasons.
ButterflySis
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:34 pm  Reply with quote
Brown Poker Shark
Brown Poker Shark

borin wrote:
Of course everyone is experiencing the same bugs as me.

Not so sure about that...I haven't heard of these problems from others either.

borin wrote:
Both in the poker room, which god knows how much adrift those figures are. And payouts for 4 of a kind in the moonlighting and jobs area, they have not always been correct.

My jobs are working correctly. Also haven't heard of this from others.

borin wrote:
I therefore think the only fair thing to do would be to abandon present state of play, and restart the season.

Completely disagree!! Things are going along fine. As Bliz said, yes there are bugs, but hardly anything to fret about. Your issues seem to be an isolated case.

borin wrote:
You Blizzo, are being very silly with your response, and not helpful at all.

You haven't heard of any bugs in that department. Where the heck have you been then. Because everyone else has. If its you being loyal to Lynx? I'm sure its very much appreciated. But you are not helping matters at all. This is not intended to be a slur, or an insult in any way. But you are just being very annoying with such a silly remark as that.

I, too, have not been hearing about the bugs you described. As said, there are some quirks within the poker room and with the tournament button, but that's all I'm aware of.

I don't think that's fair to Bliz the way you responded to him. He replied with respect but you obviously don't agree with what he said so you call him silly and annoying? You should apologize.

borin wrote:
Its common knowledge to everyone who is sufficiently clued up as to the participating in this game, that it has been disastrous this season from the start. As yet, we have not had a trouble free clear run.

Borin, I think that is completely out of line. Disastrous?! Please don't speak for me when you say "it's common knowledge to everyone" because I completely disagree with what you are saying. I have enjoyed this season more than any other; there are few bugs, Lynx is on top of things by making any errors right, and he's been working his *ss off for everyone.

Frankly, I think you owe both Lynx and Bliz apologies. I also think it's crappy that most all of the posts I read from you, a moderator nonetheless, are complaints about the game. IT'S A GAME for goodness sake! Just be happy it's here at all.

Oh yea, and these are just my observations.

Blizzo wrote:
Besides tournaments being jacked up, and a few bugs in the poker room (nothing that has caused any serious chip gain/loss that hasn't been refunded/taken away) everything else has worked pretty similarly to previous seasons.

Completely agree, Bliz.

http://butterflysis.smugmug.com

borin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:30 am  Reply with quote
WISE MODERATOR
WISE MODERATOR

Well, well, well.

I don't intend to respond individually to your comments Butterflysis. But basically I'm apalled at your comments. I have nothing to appologise to Blitz for. If you simply check through season 4 bugs. The posts endorse over, and over again What I am saying.

The one bug that no one else had mentioned is the 4 aces.none payout I experienced this week. The rest are still not fixed.

I pointed out that My post was not intended to be offensive. Especially towards Blitz or Lynx. I said his post was not helpful, and also that to deny that these bugs, unfair loss/ gain of chips, been none existant was silly.
I now emphasise that point.

Now lo and behold up you pop with your insulting remarks, trying to look like a caring pokersharks supporter. Itemising every last thing I point out and feebly trying to arouse ridicule.

Its just a pity that it takes an ever so slightly, fed up with the situation. Borin. To make you participate in a forum post. Its also a pity others can't make the effort to engage in some forum activity. Like Blitzo is asking.

I don't know what you think my intention is. You are more or less sugesting I am trouble causing. If you want full confirmation that these bugs exist. Simply ask Lynx. He will tell you, what I have said is absolutely true.

The only point that is not accepted, is my suggestion of restarting the season. Now that Idea would be implemented I'm sure If more people took the trouble to post their experiences. It would seem however. That the only people regularly capable of posting on these boards, is myself, and the Iceman. As you will have noticed, or maybe not. Apathy is rife in these parts. That is unless you can guarantee support, by jumping on a small bandwagon of people who have already past judgement, and done the spadework for you.

If you were to take the trouble of reading the posts as regards bugs, this season. You will see there are plenty. You will also see that the posts are from the same people. Now why does that not surprise me? That does not mean that everyone else isn't experiencing them. It just means that those in the top Twenty! Lets say. are the ones who it affects the most. Hence their reason for posting. The rest of the players, either don't have a clue whats happening, too shy to make a complaint, or just plain apathetic.

That does not get away from the fact, that they are been cheated out of a fair, even playing field. Now as things are, I find myself in the best position on the leaderboard, that I have ever held. Now why would I want to go and rock the boat. I have absolutely nothing to gain. What is certain is, thats as good as it gets for me. I accept that. I do not have the ability to be a wizard at stopping cards.

I was merely standing up for what I believe to be fair and just.
You Butterflysis. Take a different stance. You prefer to be obnoxious and attacking. Your lack of respect, disgusts me. And before I finally finish. I don't think I have? but Blitzzo!!! If I have offended you mate, then you didn't read my introduction on my first post correctly. My answer was in response to your previous post as regards there not being a problem with Bugs, or particular bugs. Whatever, I don't see anythin wrong with my comments. And they certainly contain no offensive remarks. It contains normal, active discussion.

In light of the fact that there is only three people at the moment, four including The very rude Butterflysis, whose comments don't count, as far as I am concerned. Actively taking part in my sugestions on this thread. I now would like to withdraw the idea of a restart, for this season.

I also withdraw my position as moderator on this forum. . If This is a sample of what constant attention to detail gets you. I withdraw. It only warrants a single moderator anyway, and Blizz is doing a fine job.

It is not in my nature to upset anyone, But I personally feel very upset that appart from the scathing remarks from Burrerflysis, and lack of respect.
I find myself unsupported in what was intended to be, a fair outcome to what I believe still!! to be an unfair, if not farcical contest.

Blizzo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:01 am  Reply with quote
MODERATOR BLIZZO

This is turning into something silly, and we are all friends here. We disagree about the restart, and about quite how out of control the bugs are, but we are both in favor of being civil and getting the bugs out in the open and fixed. No hard feelings Borin mate, and don't be so hard on Butterfly, if post count is anything she has almost twice as many as me.

*handshake*

Bliz