pokersharks.co.uk Forum Index
<  Forum Games  ~  ping G20 driver player review
narcissus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:41 am  Reply with quote
Premier Poker Shark
Premier Poker Shark

I hit the G20 today and was really surprised by it. It has a fairly square look at address, which took some getting used to, being a Titleist guy. It was a demo 9.5 degree with the TFC 169 S shaft. My average spin was around 1850 with a high of around 2000 and a low of around 1650. I don't know what that shaft really is, but I've never had such low spin with an S flex. Specs say it torques at 5.9, but my average launch angle was 15.5. My current driver averages 8.3 seconds flight time. ping G20 driver This one was around 7.1 with way more distance...like 40 yards more. I like my current driver/shaft combo because it is laser straight, but I get a little nervous with the high flight time. It's just in the air way too long for comfort. The G20 with the stock shaft had a little draw to it.

Had the opportunity to hit the G20 Wednesday, I also brought in my own G15 to compare.Callaway X-24 HOT Irons I hit about a dozen with each. The data on the screen showed the G20 to be about 4 yards longer with a little tighter dispersion pattern. Not sure if the $299 price is worth 4 more yards. The G20 felt the same as my G15. Both have the stock shafts. Just my observations.