pokersharks.co.uk Forum Index
<  Announcements  ~  Season 3 is here! Tuesday May 2nd 2006!
Lynx
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:38 pm  Reply with quote
CREATOR
CREATOR

At long last we are ready to launch Season 3!

TUESDAY MAY 2nd 10AM GMT

After a whole month of updates and testing the site is ready to launch its 3rd season.

I'm sure most of you know what changes have been made but, in a nut shell this is whats new:

Poker Skill Shop – An unlimited supply of Poker Skill available from inside the Poker Den for the price of 1 Poker Skill for 50 chips.

4 new Poker Sharks
– The new arrivals are: a Bull, Tiger, Nurse and Angel Sharks.

Holiday Mode: You'll now be able to miss upto 2 days Poker Skill training without losing out.

Anti-Bullying clause:
You wont be able to Challenge any player more than 10 times (win, lose or draw) per week (7 days).

24 hour verification: At the moment you have to sign up and then wait for a verification email before you login. This will change to allow players straight into the game after sign up and give them 24 hours to verify the account. After 24 hours the account will be locked if it hasnt been verified. This change has come about as some players have reported the email taking longer than expected to arrive so rather than waiting for it you can play straight away and then verify the account once it arrives.

3 day Free Poker Den - to give all players a taste of what is in the poker den it will be open for the first 3 days of each Season. After these 3 days it will be closed and all benefits like wages, diet value, luck etc will be taken away unless they then pay to get in.

Poker Den up to £5 - An increase of £1.

Poker Den payment schemes: Instead of paying 'per season', Poker Den memberships will now last for 100 days (the length of a season). This means that you can carry over your poker den membership from one season to another - so if you pay half way through a season you'll get about half the next season paid for as well. There will also be a yearly membership that gets you 400 days for the price of 300. By paying for a year's membership you will be paying £15 for 400 days rather than £20. Id like to pass on a discount for our loyal players and at the same time get in some cash to pay for all these updates and future ones - and this does it nicely =).

To view the full list go to: http://www.pokersharks.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=256

So yeah, lots and lots to keep you on your toes.

Ofcourse this was part 1 of the updates, the next is a play money poker room. A massive task that is going to be like adding an entire new site onto the existing one but will add so much to the Poker Sharks experience it'll be more than worth it.

But for now enjoy the current updates and keep everything crossed to help bring some luck to the poker room appearing for Season 4.

Id also like to take this opportunity to thank evryone that helped test for Season 3, you guys found every bug/mistake in record time and really helped us fix things quicker. Your input was invalueable and will ultimatley result in a better game due to us not missing anything and send the site out live with a nasty little bug in it. Basically, Cheers its much appreciated!

I'll send a few reminder emails out so people dont miss the start - so no excuses.

PS im thinking of going under cover for this season so there's no bullying the Creator like last time Laughing !

Shakin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:56 pm  Reply with quote
Green Poker Shark
Green Poker Shark

Lynx wrote:
TUESDAY MAY 1st 10AM GMT

May the 1st - also known as 'May Day' and a UK bank holiday - is on Monday Razz Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Lynx
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:58 pm  Reply with quote
CREATOR
CREATOR

Geese, i edited that 10 seconds after you quoted me.

But yeah, its Tuesday 2nd.

Shakin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:08 pm  Reply with quote
Green Poker Shark
Green Poker Shark

Lynx wrote:
Geese, i edited that 10 seconds after you quoted me.

But yeah, its Tuesday 2nd.

Haha, and you thought i'd gone away - but i was just waiting to pounce Razz

Lynx
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:21 pm  Reply with quote
CREATOR
CREATOR

I must admit i did think you'd left us for a while, but then i noticed your name in the top 100 for last season so figured you hadn’t left us completely.

There will always be a place in your heart for Poker Sharks, Shakin - you were one of founding members after all.

Shakin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:35 pm  Reply with quote
Green Poker Shark
Green Poker Shark

Lynx wrote:
There will always be a place in your heart for Poker Sharks

Oh for sure! I've just been very busy since after season 1. Same person almost completely different life!!!

Started season 2 late but didn't do too badly as you said Wink

I'll always be around and i'll still try support through the Den when i can (or when i'm playing seriously!) I agree with the increase aswell btw, especially with the game now increasing in size so more space/bandwith needed!

Lynx
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:29 am  Reply with quote
CREATOR
CREATOR

Just so everyone is clear you can login using your old usernames and passwords - you'll be taken to screen where you can change your Poker Sharks name/type and Word of Wisdom then start playing.

So if you have already registered an email address - YOU DONT NEED TO RE-REGISTER.
Your old email will be blocked if you try and sign up again so just log straight in.

If you have forgotten your login details use the 'forgotten password' feature on the login page to be sent a reminder. (or send me a quick email and i can do it for you).

But yeah, in a few hours time Poker Sharks Season 3 will be here....

Laughing

Shakin
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:41 am  Reply with quote
Green Poker Shark
Green Poker Shark

Lynx wrote:
YOU DONT NEED TO RE-REGISTER.

I bet there's some numpty somewhere that didn't read it here or check his email and signed up for a new account *cough cough* (D'oh) Embarassed