pokersharks.co.uk Forum Index
<  Frequently Asked Questions  ~  Mizuno MP-63 Irons Performance
talia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 am  Reply with quote
Red Poker Shark
Red Poker Shark

Looks only get you so far. When the rubber hits the road (or the cart path), how a club performs is what really matters.
TheMizuno MP-63 Ironsdoes not disappoint. I was a little apprehensive about going back to the 60-level of Mizuno's MP lineup. My game is not quite as tight at the moment as it once was. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of forgiveness that these clubs offer. Don't get me wrong. You need to hit the sweet spot to get the full distance and optimal ball flight out of these clubs, but that sweet spot is bigger than I would have guessed it would be. While player's clubs traditionally had sweet spots the size of dimes, the MP-63s seem to have at least a half dollar-sized sweet spot. Hit one on the heel or toe and you will know it. But if you make contact reasonably close to the middle and a few grooves up the club face, good things and good feelings will occur.
Ball flight is lower with the 63s than with most others in the MP line, but I had no problem getting the ball up over trees when I needed. Put a good swing on the ball and these irons do exactly what you tell them to do. Draws and cuts are equally easy to pull off. Hit side by side with my current irons (AP2s), the MP-63s played a few yards longer through the set with a similar ball flight.
Feel is improved over what I remember from demoing the MP-62s. A good swing and contact produces a feeling of squashing the ball against the clubface. While an off-center strike feels much like that with any other better players' iron, solid contact is rewarded with an absence of vibration, that buttery feel that you often hear associated with Mizuno forgings.
Mizuno JPX AD Irons
Mizuno MP 53 Irons
Mizuno JPX 800 Fairway Wood
wholesale golf clubs